Tennis Court Hire
The Club is exercising COVID-19 safety and well-being practises while enabling people to exercise.
We are guided by NSW Government, TNSW and Council guidelines and expectations.
On Friday 29 May 2020, Tennis NSW issued an update to the COVID-19 Community Tennis Guidelines. These guidelines contemplate re-opening of clubhouses and change rooms, subject to a long list of recommendations. The Committee has considered these Guidelines.
As we have no paid staff, no ability to ensure sterilisation of the clubhouse and change rooms after each use and no ability to monitor observance of social distancing. The following guidelines remain:
- A maximum of 4 players per court, unless group/squad coaching; practicing at all time physical distancing
- There is no organised social tennis play run by the Committee for members (ie Saturday afternoon) nor with our court hirers (Tennis Vets)
- The clubhouse will remain closed for the month of June
- Court booking still applies with a maximum of 90 minutes
- Touch racquets instead of handshaking
- Practice physical distancing and sound hygiene
- No one should come to the courts to play or as a spectator if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or have flu-like symptoms
The Federal Government (Department of Health) states that your risk of serious illness from coronavirus increases if you are over 70 years of age or over 65 with a chronic medical condition or immune suppressed. Tennis NSW has a slightly different definition (incl. over 60 with pre-existing medical conditions) and specifically states that if you are in this category you should not be playing. This is a Tennis NSW guideline and all users are directed to these guidelines, which include advice to consider your individual situation before attending a tennis venue. The Committee has no ability to assess or monitor the age or medical condition of court users.
Court booking instructions
1. Click the button above to open the booking system in a new window to book a court.
2. Select your date from the calendar.
3. Select a court and time from the available slots.
4. Select the ‘Duration’ of your booking and enter your player details. If you are a member, select the ‘Member Booking’ box. Submit your details by clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
5. Select ‘PayPal – Pay Now’ or ‘Cancel’ the booking. If you selected ‘Member Booking’ in the previous step, payment is not required.
6. When your court is booked, a confirmation email will be sent to you which provides proof of your booking and your PIN code to open the court gates.
7. When you arrive at the courts, enter your PIN code into the keypad to the right of the Clubhouse door.
You will need to enter your PIN code every time you wish to enter the courts within your booked time slot.
To exit the courts anytime, press the exit button to the left of the gate.